Saturday 18 April 2015

Caulking Tips For the Handyman

Haya folks, it's 2015 and spring just slid in like a lamb ! 

April can certainly be blustery with all that moisture moving north from the tropics.

Living on the north east shore of Lake Ontario,we seem to be fairly safe from destructive weather,althou every now and then we do enjoy strong SW winds.

Being a home owner preventative maintenance is a must.

Since it's not to mucky today,the Mrs. and I dropped our dish towels,and went roaming around the house.

I love doing dishes ; not ah um , rather doing my regular inspection keeps us in touch with nature since we live in the country.

Finding sites with detailed info on your project can be tricky sometimes.

Check the link below for more details.

If you've found a crack around the house,and need to fill it,this is the site for you.

Don't miss the cartoon,it's hilarious.

http://www.factsfacts.com/MyHomeRepair/caulk.htm

 Investigating products I've never used before,was a learning experience as always.This little project was a 5 minute job...haha, but was great fun.

 I purchased a tube of (CLEAR)Dynaflex 230 and when i squeezed it out it was white in color.

The label was clearly marked CLEAR.

Since I was applying it to a mortor joint on a concrete sill, below a window, I definately needed  clear product.

To my suprise,  as I gave it a squeeze then wiped it with my finger,then a rag,the caulking seem to discolor.

Not sure what the deal was but it seemed to be satisfactory.Enlightenment on this product would be helpful in the future.

Maybe I'll just switch products,then  i won't end up with tubes of chemicals everywhere that I don't need.


Any recommendations are welcome.


Cracked Up

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting on Insight Planet Earth